When you’ve been in business for over 40 years focusing on medical source equipment, you pick up a few things along the way. Our experience in the field, installing, maintaining, servicing and rebuilding equipment, day after day, has given us a barrel load of knowledge in the operation of source equipment. And we are able to pass that expertise, and some substantial savings, along to our clients in several ways.
An equipment package is only as good as the performance of its components and parts. We do a great deal of research for the best equipment and parts available. We rigorously test all parts in-house and on our own rental fleet. If a part does not work properly in our own equipment, it is not sold to any of our customers.
So, what’s the difference between OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) factory parts and generics? Sometimes they are worlds apart and not necessarily on the side of factory parts. Generics can be every bit as good or better than the real deal. It all depends upon the manufacturer.
Here’s where our 120 combined years of knowledge works to your advantage:
- Less expensive – this generally varies by brand – we pass the savings on to our customers.
- Can be equal to or better than OEM parts – aftermarket manufacturers usually “reverse-engineer” the part and often work out the weaknesses – again, this generally varies by brand.
- Many generic manufacturers specialize in certain types of parts, such as filters, check valves or drains. Since they focus on specifics, they can concentrate on making them equal or better than the originals.
- Availability – many times the lead time for OEM parts is long causing delays in service or emergency repairs. Generics are usually readily available.
- Quality can vary greatly. All the more reason for our extensive testing.
- May not have a warranty – Matters not . . . we offer warranties on all of our equipment no matter what parts or components we supply. We stand behind our work 100%. If it doesn’t work right, we’ll fix it or you don’t pay for it. Period.
We use OEM parts whenever they are the best part for the application, are available and reasonably priced. If we test a generic and it is equal to or better than OEM, we may substitute, especially in the case of an emergency. Be assured that you will never receive anything but the best. It is our job to take care of you and we take that to heart . . . all the way down to our parts.